WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Gordon is Upset

I have some batik art that I am taking home. One piece has been on my living room wall for a few years, taped in place, and surrounded by photos of family.  I have been contemplating taking it down and getting it properly framed and then mailed home.  I keep stalling because Gordon's nightly ritual involves the batik. Every night at 5:45 he emerges from behind the television. He could turn right and go directly outside to the playground on my patio roof; but he always takes a left turn, hikes up the wall, and then slips in behind this batik.  I have seriously considered leaving it on the wall for fear of seeing something disgusting behind as I wonder what the heck he does there.  I have had a plan for a few weeks. Plan an outing, have my patio door ready for fast exit, take a floor mop, nudge the taped batik off the wall, and then run to the escape route, allowing whatever will transpire after I have dislodged whatever from the wall. I just have not done the task because I have been too ill to go out for more than a doctor appointment.  I do not want to see what falls off the wall after 3 years of daily ritual.  I did it yesterday before I went to work. I knew I had a long day at work, so it was a perfect day to be out of the house for an extended time.  All went well. The mop eventually knocked it down to the floor, where I had cleared a space for it to land.  The door was open, my chariot was ready for me.  NOTHING. There was nothing behind the batik.  Poor little Gordon. He has been traumatized.  Last night when I came home, I turned on the patio light because it was nearing gecko frolic time.  No sign of Gordon.  I did not see him emerge from behind the television either.  Whatever he was doing behind that batik, he can do no more.  I feel terrible.  Maybe he is suffering from PTSS.  I guess I could find some ativan and leave it out for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment