WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Thursday, August 29, 2013

How To Stay Connected When Apart

I think that I have seen one of the ways that Ry and Sumi manage to get through those long days apart when he goes off to work. I admire how they survive this. It has to be difficult to do. Both of them are clearly independent people. I know how much they mean to each other; so how do they do it?  I am guessing that their relationship with each other is strong. But what I see, as a mother, is the two of them on Skype, but probably doing their work, but somewhat available for each other.  It kind of looks like two people sharing a room.  Those two probably have better communication skills with each other than two people who never leave the other physically from month to month. Why? Because they know the value of physical presence and appreciate that presence when it happens.  I turn on my Skype, and when Ry is away but has an internet connection, I see him and I see Sumi both available.  It makes me happy that they are there, sharing that 'room', just like the rest of the world shares space, but in a cyber way on Skype.  It makes me happy to know that they are there, and will be in the same physical space soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment