WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Friday, April 15, 2011

Saturday in Kota Tinggi


Wow I only had to wait a couple of hours to get an internet connection. Things must be progressing in this part of the world.
I am so excited. I stopped in at a kitchen, blind and drapery store yesterday to see if they could suggest a construction person to make me screens for my house. The nice man there, who could not speak English got his assistant to help us communicate and he came over this morning and measured several windows and my patio door for screens.  His plan is to put permanent screens on each of these with a kind of velcro material so I can pull it back to open and close the windows and doors.  I think he had a good laugh at my double front door screen I built with about 5 pounds of duct tape.  I had to not allow him to measure that area because I need some door to open until his handicraft is installed, after which he can pull my efforts off and fix up that one too.  He and I tried to talk but did not get too far, so he called his assistant who spoke with me on the phone advising she would come over to translate for us.  That worked well, and the two left and advised they would have a quote of costs on Monday. I really hope the quote is reasonable and that I have screens next week.  They will be leaving my own handiwork on one of my bedroom windows and the main floor computer area. They didn’t even laugh at it, at least not until they left the property.  But as usual, they asked how much I paid for rent, and then snickered when I told them the amount.  I am clearly paying at least double what a local would pay.  Also, not to forget the usual question: How old are you? Are you married?  I told the truth to all.
Now to do my errands in a downpour.  No food in the larder so have to brave the weather conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment