WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Friday, September 9, 2011

Does Anyone Know a Plumber in Malaysia?

I know there are readers from here - I often get comments from people that refer to what is posted here. So, I hope that one of those readers contacts me and tells me how to get a plumber.  I poured a cup full of sulphuric acid down my kitchen drain last night. I was instructed to pour a huge pail of water down this morning. I hoisted that pail up to the sink and VOILA, the water went through the pipes - as it always does - down to the FLOOR DRAIN in the kitchen, and then STOPPED FLOWING, festering out from there, onto the floor, under the door, to the lizard kitchen and across that floor to under the door that exits the house. The kitchen sink (MINE) is still half full of water. And I now have a mixture of sulphuric acid on the floor mixed with God knows what, that is plugging my drains somewhere beyond where I can see.

Looks very much like the decision as to whether or not to go to Batu Pahat is made, just in case I was waivering. But I need to get food for the larder. A small watermelon is not going to sustain me for the week, and that along with a bit of laughing cow is all there is in the fridge. I feel somewhat like a person from my prairie roots must have felt so many years ago. Maybe just a little. I envision them making a list of supplies as they hitched up the horses to travel to town. Guess my journey is a bit different. I do have a car, a cooler, ice packs, air conditioning in the car, and a freeway to travel. But the need is the same. After all these years of evolution, people still need food on a daily basis, and the food is in JB, so the journey is necessary. Yes, there is food in Kota Tinggi, but I wont discuss that right now. So, a Jusco run, and then back to the homestead to retrace my steps to 'screen installers', who might just have a specialty in plumbing. Cant contact the landlord - he only speaks Chinese. At least that is what he leads me to believe. I am not sure I want to discover what is blocking this drain.

No comments:

Post a Comment