WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Friday, September 23, 2011

my first Malaysian hybiscus

My kids can attest to my love for hybiscus flowers. They bought me one for my birthday one year while I lived in Calgary. It had so much trouble trying to flower in that climate. But we worked together - the hybiscus and I, making the occassional flower that bloomed for me in all its brilliance of bright pinkness.
Well now, I have a new white one on my patio, and here is the first flower it popped out for me a few days after planting. It continues to bloom and flower, giving me such pleasure in thinking I am a great gardener.

In reality - blooms in spite of me. Beside the orchids that do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment