WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Magic of Boney M

Boney M is in Kota Tinggi! Honestly

I broke down and bought a cd/dvd player. Any of the pirated dvd's we buy here dont work in our computers, so we manage to watch a couple of minutes of the dvd and then poof, it stops. So, I found me a Hyudi machine where I bought my fridge, and can also use it in the workshops I give for my teachers. I have already arranged with the store that they will find me someone who cannot afford such a machine and I will give it to them when I leave.That makes it all justified to spend the money. ANYWAY, while there, they insisted on demonstrating that everything works well, and to also hear the sound quality. WELL, I managed to make another sale for them when I was listening to the tunes. They had BONEY M playing and I cranked it up to full volume and all of us were dancing in the store. I said I WANT THAT CD. I wonder if the other purchaser is wondering what those catchy lyrics and tunes really mean.  I hope they can get their own cd, I am a pirate on my own.

Reply was - no no that is the boss cd, he uses it for demonstrating.
My reply: where is the boss

After pointing him out to me, I had someone interpret what I wanted - I was willing to pay anything for the blasted thing - a touch of home. He understood what I wanted and made me promise to bring it back before 9 am tomorrow and I could take it home to burn it. I am listening to it now as I write this.

And so, life in Kota Tinggi gets better every day. I can hardly wait to get this burned, into my new machine, and liven up the neighbourhood with it full blast. Something I think that can be done in defence from those nasty fireworks. Ahh, right now I am listening to Babylon. You know that one.
Doesn't take much to make a stubble jumper happy does it? Yikes I dither, now No Woman, No Cry is playing. I don't think I have a favourite tune by these guys, I love them all.

I am waiting for my mentees to ask me what the heck a stubble jumper is. No one has.  And I know many read the blog.

And now El Lute is playing. I wonder who's generation this music was the audience. I am sure not mine, but I always managed to fall into any generation - except that crazy head banger noise. I am rather smug in keeping somewhat to my word. After giving away all my cd's I promised myself I would not buy any more. Burning a cd is not the same, right? So, in my mind, I did not buy a cd. I can hardly wait to hear Rasputin.  I used to sing that all summer at the cottage on my way to the Fort.  I am sure my kids can remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment