WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Monday, June 25, 2012

Now You Can't Say I Never Gave You Something



Long day at work. Today I strayed from the syllabus for the TPD session.  I introduced communication class Frannie 101.  It was well received, challenging to some, but successful overall.  I can see that there must be further  activities in this direction.  What I did was write statements that the mentees had to (try to memorize - or at least speak naturally) and then converse while mingling with the others to find someone who had a statement that could either answer their question or make a suggestion according to what they had to read.  The goal was for them to LISTEN. One of the strips of paper and it's pair were "I have friends visiting and I want to take them to a good curry house'.  The pair was 'Have you tried my brother's new curry house in Kota Tinggi.'  Well it did get amusing. The next activity was to take turns adding to sentences that eventually develop a story that made sense.  One group started a story with I like curry and ended their story with 'If you want great curry, come to my brother's curry house in Kota Tinggi'.  Just like so many signs  indicate "to Kota Tinggi" in JB that a colleague commented  'All Roads Lead to Kota Tinggi'.  And the mentees don't stray far from original thoughts. 

 My boyfriend "Nando' made dinner.  I stopped by his place to pick it up, and then found some cilantro, tomatoes, and chopped garlic at Aeon.  Once home, I chopped and diced and created a nice little salsa aside the lemon herb chicken  with sliced cucumbers for a find repas.  I even topped it off with a Heineken - straight from the bottle.

Now with a Welch's chaser, I think I will call it a night.


No comments:

Post a Comment