WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Volcanic Mountain in Bali

The final leg of the journey.  A lunch (Halal) at the site of the still active volcanic mountain  in Bali.
To see where this volcanic mountain is in relation to the village of Ubud, here you are:

The southernmost tip of the pink route is where the airport is on Bali.  We started each day from Ubud, which is midpoint on that route marker and travelled in all directions to get a taste of Bali life and culture. We travelled all over the island during our week there. The only area I did not explore was the most northern western tip of the island. I guess I will have to go back.

When we sat down to lunch, this is what we saw in the hazy overcast sky.

Before we left, the skies cleared and I snapped another view through the brilliant sunshine.

With a deep valley between us, we lunched on what else - chicken, and took in the breathtaking view of the mountain.

To our right, we could view the mountain top lake.  The best - it was cool outside. The last time I felt this temperature without it being electrically produced was in Vancouver last December.  What a treat, and the entire vacation was also at least 10 degrees cooler than Malaysia.  I will go back!





        As Bugs Bunny and the Roadrunner so aptly say: 


'That's All Folks' and as I say "Bali Hai"

No comments:

Post a Comment