WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

OOPS, one more

The dance that Lukmin insisted we attend was no disappointment. We had seen dancing the first night on arrival at the barbecue, but this was like play and dance all in one, and the actors were completely engaged in their antics and acting.  There was a moral to the story - the struggle between good and evil within one. Before it began, Lukmin took me to the woman dressed in Balinese attire and asked me to pose with her.  He took this photo with my camera. When we left the play at the end, there was someone outside the theatre offering me a plate that had been produced with that crazy photo etched into the surface. I should have taken it, but was shocked that someone had been able to do this, so said 'no thanks'.  How cool to eat papadoms off a plate with my face on it?  I guess I will never know.

A lovely lady greeted us at the entrance to the theatre




What follows is various acts during the play. It involves a tiger, a mischievous monkey, and loud and colourfully dressed actors.  Look on if you like.  The first is a picture of the tiger entering the stage. The second is a short video of what went on with his entrance. Two people in costume - with the lead person clacking the tiger's teeth.  Quite amusing.  The 'orchestra' section is to the left of the stage. They entertained us before the actors appeared and during the performance. They are in the third photograph down.

After an interlude of drums and clanks, the tiger appeared clacking teeth and all.





this video seems to 'fall off' so if it does again, just click on this youtube link:


Just to give you an idea of what we listened to during the next hour.



Our orchestral entertainment came from this roofed area.

Here is a closeup of the characters. I do not have zoom lens on the camera I took with me, so I could not get these kind of shots throughout. Just wanted you to see the colourful costumes we witnessed.

It is nearly 10 am and I have been advised we have a power outage planned for the rest of today. I will have to return with the remaining photographs after that.  Come back later to see the entire play, if you like.

Power back, more pictures:
The monkey appears after the initial musical entrance of the tiger

The monkey and tiger together struggling for power

The beautiful women appear

Now the men, with their quest for the dark side

The struggle between good and evil, and of course, the women reign (in my mind anyway)





No comments:

Post a Comment