WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Lucky me - a Day off Tomorrow

A rather unproductive day today.  I had 4 meetings scheduled. I held two.  I waited for people more than met with people. Ah, yes, the Asian culture. Seems they would rather just not show up than contact me and say they cannot meet. After two very productive meetings I felt like I was on a roll. Silly me.  The other two who dodged me were not prepared to see me still lurking around - waiting for an explanation. I felt I deserved one. They have been under my wing for two years and they are very aware of western culture and expectations. I managed to corner one of them who put up a good struggle. I felt like I was back in time - interrogating my own kids many years ago.  She was just as spunky - and sassed back. I would not back down, she eventually folded and (hopefully) next week will show up for the meeting.  I did tell her I was happy to see her spunk - it means she is learning what I an teaching.

So then on to Tesco to pick up what my brain was craving. Broccoli and swiss cheeses.  Well, broccoli was there, but no Swiss cheese to be found. I did eventually find some emmenthal cheese slices, so will slip those into the yummy soup I will bubble up. Also found some 'snappy' cheddar and then grabbed a little packet of feta. Hopefully the feta will pretend to be gruyere cheese. Sorry Jenn, I had promised to make some while I was home. But you cannot really be jealous when you see what ingredients I am using.

The fruits in season now?  My happy little honey mangos are back, local pomelo in abundance, and today I bought some exotic pears.  I dont usually like those. They are usually starchy and woody when you buy them in Canada. But these little gems are just like anything that is locally grown. They are devine.  Almost a challenge to a bartlett pear from the Okanagan.  Oh, yes, also another break the bank packet of Korean strawberries. I think they work out to about RM2 each, so you definitely do not waste any. (think of a ringgit like a dollar to you - they are in my budget)

For now, I think I will put my feet up on a table (because I can - it is my place) and think about making that broccoli cheese soup. Maybe nosh on the other half of the exotic pear.  I can hardly wait for the Chinese oranges on their way. They are like nothing you have tasted in Canada.
                                only 50 calories for a whole pear and very low in sugar
                                                                                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment