WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Saturday, January 26, 2013

PRAIRIE FEAST vs SMOOTHIE

If  you have ever spent any time in the vast prairie provinces of Canada then you will know what a perogie is.  I know them but I am not a fan of the ravioli-like tidbits.  A FaceTime call to me showed the preparations for the Saturday night feast that their friend suggested. Kolly assisting mom with the ever present hummus was one of the scenes I viewed.  The best one was Kolly dragging a chip through the hummus, licking it off, and dragging it through again. I won't let the other diners know about that! Next came the self invited guest, Bob who wielded the new chopping knife - mincing and dicing the chow. Even if I don't enjoy the star food on this menu, I wish I was there. My kids used to never have trouble getting to school on Thursdays. On that day each week, the cafeteria served these morsels and the lineup for lunch was a mile long. Lucky for me, I did not have to serve them at home.

Asked what I was dining on, I had to admit my choice of food was somewhat less exciting. A tofu smoothie laced with cinnamon, pomelo, mango, and strawberries.  It was, after all, the next morning here!  And a tasty treat  besides.

No comments:

Post a Comment