WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Purchase

Coming back here has a few things that require getting used to once again. One, is getting into bed, and knowing that I am not far from the floor, having to reach up to take anything off a bedside table whose surface is only about 18 inches off the floor, and missing out on any breezes that waft through the bedroom because I am located too low to get the benefit. Solution: get a higher bed.  So, on my ramble home one day, I stopped at a shop and picked out a new mattress to have delivered.  Finally, the day came, yesterday, to have the delivery.  Remember, it is always a crap shoot. Pay your money (cash), and then trust that the delivery will take place. It did - as usual.  But the delivery men were very confused. They appeared unable to put the mattress on top of another mattress.  Almost like it was forbidden.  Finally, the new mattress took up its resting place on top of the other, and they left.


Now looking at this structure, I feel almost western once again.  A real bed, with real height.  Only set me back about 100 bucks, so I figure I am worth the investment; even if it might be only for another year.  Fortunately, my gams are disproportionate to the rest of my body, so clamouring into this new bed is not a problem.  Otherwise, I would probably need a bunkbed ladder.  Visualize a chubby little spider with long legs and you can picture the scene.
                                                                                                             

The bonus is if I happen to have a bunch of visitors from the west, I can take one mattress off and end up with two beds for the crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment