WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Friday, March 29, 2013

Happy Easter

I only learned today that it is Good Friday here. Watching the news, there was a story from the Philippines and then I realized I had almost missed Easter once again. It was a disturbing news story. There are people there who actually re-enact the crucifixion. Yes, there are other countries that do this, but in the Philippines there are people who actually have themselves nailed to the cross and hung for the day.  Their reason seems to be that it brings them good luck for the year. I guess you could call it good luck for the year. The year looks pretty good after that day no matter what happens, right? However, not really sure how one would celebrate Easter in a muslim country??

Here is something I found amusing

No comments:

Post a Comment