WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Thursday, March 28, 2013

You Cannot Find More Freshly Ground Coconut Than This

After picking up roasted pistachios, a chicken breast, lemongrass and more mangoes, I stopped at the shop near my home that grates coconut as you need it. Here is a video of the nice lady who does this.  I cannot believe how she holds the coconut in her left hand and swings a machete down into the centre of it to crack it open. When was the last time you picked up freshly grated coconut?

So home I trotted and put together a delightful combination of curry, coconut, chicken and all else. Sprinkled with roasted pistachios, I dined very nicely tonight.
Curried coconut chicken sprinkled with roasted pistachios and surrounded by honey mangoes. What appears to be rice is actually a seriously delicious bed of shredded coconut


No comments:

Post a Comment