WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Saturday, March 30, 2013

My Easter Feast

You can be sure there is no leg of lamb or such indulgence. But I did concoct a delightful mixture of pulses and good things. With only one cooking surface, I began with cooking pearl barley. Once it was almost done, I added green lentils. Nearing the completion of that batch, I added quinoa and let the pot sit covered for ten minutes after it bubbled for about fifteen. Dicing my carefully carried artichoke hearts from Canada, I merged them and a diced tomato and diced sweet onion into the pulse pot. A squeeze of Dijon mustard and the treat was ready. No, it is not what I would prepare at home, but I can tell you - it beats chicken!  In fact, it is absolutely fabulous. I can probably pick up asparagus in JB this week and tart it up some more. And to top it all off it is all organic, besides being bloody healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment