WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Ghazi is "Off the Wall"

Poor little guy.  I had a phone call last night and jumped up to turn on the light.  This must have startled Ghazi and I watched him fall -- just like a Hollywood movie.  All the way from the ceiling to the floor.  He lay there for the entire time I was on the phone.  I went over to see how he was, and the liuttle guy scurried to the wall, but only made it to the baseboard.  But at least h e could move.  This morning he is still hanging around the baseboard, but scurries about when he sees me arrive. So, somehow, I guess geckos can manage a fall such as he did and survive..  Not sure I would be in the same shape after that distance.  Looks too like my questions was answered.  Yes, a gecko does fall off the wall when they are not paying close attention.
Kinda makes me think I could learn something from this.  Imagine how firm and strong my thighs and upper arms would be if I slept on the wall near the ceiling. Digging my nails into the wall the entire night could produce some very good muscle tone!

No comments:

Post a Comment