WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Saturday, May 28, 2011

New screens and a clean house

I was just replying to a friend's e-mail when I realized how crazy things are done here. I purchased a cabinet today for my kitchen.  It is actually a shoe cabinet apparently, but I need somewhere to put food and dishes that I have accumulated.  I cannot stand the constant mess on a plastic table in my kitchen with everything I own there.  Never any room to prepare anything either. Now the funny thing about the shoe cabinet is that I could not begin to put a pair of shoes in it because the depth is only long enough for Levi's sneakers.  I dont think I have exceptionally long feet, so people here must have very very short feet.  It doesn't look like something to hold shoes, it looks more like a pantry cabinet that people have in Canada.  They sell a version of a pantry cabinet here but tend to add a couple of hundred ringitts to the price when they do. So a shoe cabinet is just right for me.  What I had mentioned to my friend is that buying things to be delivered here is a bit of a crap shoot. You purchase the product with cash and then go home and believe it will arrive in a few hours. So far, everything has arrived. But not sure what recourse one would have if the purchased item did not show up.  Having said that, I just heard the sound of a squeaky truck wending its way down my road with my  goods.  I am beginning to think that this cash only system rules over the North American plastic payment style in that there seems to be an honesty or maybe trust that westerners seem to have lost.
Now I better go fill the larder with the various bottles, cans, and packets that are strewn about my kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment