WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My 1st Malaysian Dinner Party

I had a surprise (because he kept reminding me of the event) birthday party for Jeff yesterday.  Some of our friends came from nearby locations, but most were away on vacation.  I impressed the socks off myself.  One pot, one wee bbq, and a dinner menu of: bbq chicken satay with homemade peanut sauce, coconut fragrant Thai rice, cucumber/red onion salad sprinkled with fresh lime and cracked peppercorns. All begun with homemade hummus which was served with nann from the local tandoori restaurant. Not too shabby. Today we shared the leftovers of chicken pulled off the skewers and toasted between bread slices toasted in a sandwich maker. Tomorrow, Emma, John and I are going to Singapore for the day.  We decided we better go somewhere over the vacation so that we have something to say when the others tell us of their exotic holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment