WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thursday Travels

My first long day since the hospital took me down to Pengerang - 130 km one way.  I enjoy the trip down because I take a back road  \through nowhere but my travels home is on the nasty highway where human life is not valued.  I got a message that my project manager who burned up the highways several times while I was ill is now in the hospital in Batu Pahat.  I called him and indeed he is hospitalized with kidney stones. He is waiting until Saturday for the surgery. I did let him know that I thought he was just trying to outdo me, and that he most certainly did.  He did also tell me that my passport made it to Batu Pahat with him but now safely stowed somewhere while he awaits surgery.  I guess that is a pretty good excuse.  Might have another colleague bring it over tomorrow as he is planning on joining the rest of us celebrating another colleague's birthday in JB.  My passport seems to have travelled around Malaysia more than I have.
What I was teaching today was giving and receiving instructions. It was so much fun watching the teams of teachers telling their scribes what to draw on the board and try to beat the other team.  Then we put a paper bag over a participant's head and gave them a fly swatter.  The rest of the teachers had to guide the participant to a bell on a desk and then direct them which way to swing the fly swatter in order to connect with the bell. Now that one produced a room full of belly laughs indeed.  This was a lesson on giving directions - turn left, turn right, go straight, behind, in front etc.  Their mastery of directions proved to be the cause of the laughter because they always get them wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment