WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Interior Design Malaysian Style

I love hearing about all the renovations, interior designs, and brand new homes everyone is acquiring back in Canada.  For me, it tends to be only something to imagine.  When one lives in a dwelling big enough for a family but completely void of any conveniences,furnishings, appliances, closets, shelves, OR WINDOW SCREENS, one tends to get excited about purchasing a kitchen cabinet and having it delivered.  Prada and Gucci are only words in this part of the world. Not choices.  Now for the piece de resistance
broom flanking the left and dustpan on the right
I have paid close attention to detail. I made sure that the royal blue is the same as the blue of my computer desk and chair in the living room. I did not want to have the eye move from room to room and be offended by clashes of colour during the experience.  I really should find a blue dustpan, as the orange is a harsh colour and not repeated anywhere else in the home.  Also, the small plastic table in the kitchen is a brilliant red, so I am trying to remain with a scheme of primary colours throughout the house.  I tend to ignore that rule when I find a genuine bargain however. 
For now I will brew some fine Mink Coffee which I carefully brought from Canada, in my new glass french press (of sorts) and mix it with the whipping cream poured from a mini tetra pack and take it to my patio for a morning indulgence. I also have a coffee mug compliments of my teachers at one of my schools which they presented to me on Teacher's Day this month. I have seen coffee made here.  Normally you get a packet of instant stuff with TONS OF SUGAR, making it undrinkable.  However, some of the places take ground coffee and put it into a sort of sock and then pour hot water through this.  Can you imagine my delight when I found a french press in a store in Kota Tinggi?? It does not fit well, and the disc you press leaves a gap around the glass container, but if careful, you can avoid too much sediment getting into the cup.  I know there is a Starbucks in JB so might even pick up some of that (sorry Jenn and Marc) if this tetra pack works out this morning.This all may be a useless adventure. I have not had any coffee since my feet were in Canada. I have not missed it, but am curious to see if I can enjoy a cuppa.  Better be quiet though, Jeff and his friends are sleeping late as they spent a good part of the night laughing at my adventure in the hospital last month.  I was up far too late as well, but left the gathering after we finished off the popcorn prepared over the barbecue with a joint venture of our two woks as a popper.  Nice Canadian treat at midnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment