WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Build a Library and They Will Read

Guess that Build a Field and They Will Come can apply to everything.  I built a library with the help of my friends, and ta da, the children here are reading the books to me. It began with me reading to them, but before long, they have taken the baton and begun reading themselves.

At one of the schools celebrating English Week, here are a few clips of students doing just what I am here to teach - student centred learning, by leading the others in some reading of fun books.
After passing several bottles of bubbles into the 300+ audience, a brave young fellow came to the stage to lead his classmates in the Berenstains B Book.

The following youtube is very short. Just to give an idea of the newly learned skills in speaking and reading English.  The photography was nasty.  I held the camera on side view and can't seem to be able to change the direction.  I do not profess to be a techno wizard.








Thanks again Jenn for that famous Hand Hand Finger Thumb book, and Pat for the B Book, and everyone who has made this library a reality.  You are all heroes over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment