WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Monday, July 30, 2012

Staying Home for a Few Days

Don't think there will be much happening here for a couple of days. I have given in and am staying home to try to get over a miserable cough and stomach issue.  Every little person in the schools is coughing and hacking and it was only a matter of time before I contracted their ailments myself.  Although kleenex and other brands are widely available here, even at Econsave, no one seems to use these products. If anything, they will use an old washcloth for the entire duration of the cough or cold, and occasionally swipe their face with it. Usually it is just their hand or sleeve, which is a nice way to pass on the germs.  As for the stomach issue; I have to remember to not buy lunch in the villages.  I know better, but running short of time, hungry, and a KFC outlet was in my path.  Although KFC should have a certain worldwide standard, they fall short here.  The chicken is usually undercooked, and always left out at room temperature until sold. My mistake is that I ordered the 'original', not 'spicy', so it does not move quickly.  You can be sure it had been sitting since the shop opened.  No one here eats 'original' except foreigners. Top all this off with constant sneezing, which even awakens me if I manage to fall asleep, and you can imagine what I vision I am these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment