WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Gluttony Reigns in the Neighbourhood

I speak unkindly of others who belly up to the food troughs and here I am posting my dinner feast today.  But at least my gastronomic delights are prepared with love in a family kitchen, not from a paper bag filled with cardboard buckets. My talented neighbour who wanted so badly to meet Ry sent all my favourite foods tonight. Curried veggies topped with crisp curry leaves,  steamed baby xiao bai chai, and a mountain of cool refreshing watermelon. Should be enough  to sustain me for a few days.   I had to disappoint them and let them know that Ry will not be coming back this weekend after all.  Honestly, they make you feel like royalty. And I hope Ryan realizes that he is even higher up on that admiration than myself. He is the real foreigner,  while I have just become a local now.

So here is the feast he could have dined on.  Guess he will have to find another reason to take a trip this way and try again.


Yes, I did work today. Also have several pictures of talented children discovering that they can become fortune tellers. Much like the first group I taught this skill, they were completely in awe with the ability to manipulate little pieces of paper with only two fingers and two thumbs. So much so that they would not release them for fear of getting it wrong for the fitting of fingers again.  My phone is blinking at me, so no power to upload tonight. Look again tomorrow for the soothsayers of Malaysia.



No comments:

Post a Comment