WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Monday, July 30, 2012

Who to Cheer for What to Watch

Our local Singapore station is carrying the Olympics. In fact, it normally begins airing around 9 am, and when I turned it on this morning at 5:15, it was showing Olympic synchronized diving. Watched a bit of that and then it reverted to table tennis.  Ping pong, as I know it.  I recall teaching my own children how to play ping pong, but my expertise was very short lived. They were whacking that miserable little ball beyond my poised body, causing me such angst that I never returned to the basement and tournament site again.  Anyway, it was odd  - I watched a match, could not figure out the scoring, and could not read the points as they were awarded, due to a very small tally box in the left corner of my screen.  The two top competitors were Asian girls from Germany and Singapore. It just seemed natural to cheer for Singapore. And I did. And she won.  Best of 7. I assume because the wins kept going back and forth for the first few games.  Maybe would have been best of 3 if someone had that in their pocket.  Not sure.  In any case, my competitor won, and that made me happy.  Will likely tune into more Olympics for the rest of the day. The channel I normally tune into simply because it is consistent English is carrying it.

I was happily distracted by Kolly and her mom with a Skype call.  As they prepared hummus for a snack, Kolly entertained me with peek a boo and a maraca cup full of cheerios.  Nice to know my granddaughter is so international and cross cultural at such an early age. From middle eastern to Mexican, she dines and entertains from an international palate.

No comments:

Post a Comment