WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

What's a Stubble Jumper?

I have again had a number of people ask me what's a stubble jumper.


I looked online to find a definition, and I think this one fits best.

Stubble Jumper , stubble jumper meaning , definition of stubble jumper , what is stubble jumper - 1. Someone from a prairie province or state.2. A farmer.3. A red neck or hickStubble is the end of a wheat or hay plant after it has been havested. It is usually about 6-12 inches long, sticks vertically out of the ground and is very stiff.
Some examples : The Saskatchewan Ruffryders are just a bunch of stubble jumpers.


personally - I am from Saskatchewan, not a farm, but a city. Maybe flatlander is more suitable to describe my roots.


So, when you think of a person who's roots are in the prairies of Canada, think of them jumping through the stubble that is left at the end of the harvest season there.  No, most of us don't actually do that, but there is always some term of endearment to define each of the various regions of Canada.  Another term of endearment for my roots is flatlander. I don't think any explanation is required for that one. Albertans (my second home province) are defined as rednecks. (not a flattering term)  My final stop over before heading to SE Asia was B C.  I have not found a term to describe that lot, but what comes to mind is hippy, and bud.  If you said you were from the land of hippies and weed, everyone would know you are from BC.


What I did find on the web for a description of BC residents feels closest to the truth: The coolest people you will ever meet are from B.C. Laid back-fun-don't take life too seriously-know how to have a good time.


Because I began in Saskatchewan, moved to Alberta, and then on to BC, I guess I am a stubble jumper redneck hippy.  And I am proud to be all that, except for the redneck part - which I never was anyway.


HTH

No comments:

Post a Comment