WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

ANOTHER IDEA FOR BOOKS FOR MALAYSIA

I am still contacting book publishers and various organizations that assist underprivileged.  Right now I have this idea that might work.  Whoever reads this blog that has children in school in Canada might be able to help me.  I thought that a pen pal program between students in Canada and these 5 schools that I travel to daily could begin a great English practice and awareness of others at that level. AND, the Canadian children could read a Dr Seuss or other book of that ilk, and send it to the children here, addressed to me at my base school.  It would not cost much, and each individually mailed book should be fairly inexpensive. My goal is to have books that we in Canada read to young preschoolers, because the standard of English here is of course far behind because it is a second language. I know some of you in Vancouver  have children in school now, and hopefully at schools that have many kindergarten and grade one students. I have 5 schools with 2 preschool classes of about 25 - 30 students per class.  So, maximum of 250 students that could write to others. I would even be happy to have a class recieve one book, which means that we would only need 10 books. Or, including year one students, where I have 1 class per school, 15 books. That would definitely be a beginning of a travelling library, which currently consists of 8 books and 3 games. 

No comments:

Post a Comment