WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Dr Seuss and Jennifer are superstars

I have been traipsing around my schools amid tons of work and meetings, but carrying the new books with me everywhere. All the teachers let me come into the class to read the stories I bring. This particular one was a superstar in both classrooms I read it. The kids were raucus with enthusiasm The were drumming on their desks creating quite a din, and loving showing off their fingers and thumbs every opportunity they got. But was even more amusing was watching the big kids (probably about 10 or 12 years old) lined up at the two doors into the class, all listening with the same attentiveness as the little people.
Today I read Green Eggs and Ham to the year 3 students, and they loved that one too. Then I had a teacher that I am tutoring, read me Berensein's B book. He was like all other adults that are learning English, and really enjoyed it. In fact, he tried to take it with him. No way Jose, I need it for the rest of the teachers. I will lend it after everyone gets a chance to experience a bit of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment