WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Sunday, July 31, 2011

a change is as good as a rest

Emma and I stayed over in Batu Pahat last night at our friend John's place. we kinda invited ourselves, but he was ok with that.  HE HAS the coveted IKEA lamp that Emma and I went to Singapore to buy a few months ago. It was with him that we ended up not going to IKEA. Imagine how we felt when we saw him with such a lamp. We warned him that we planned to steal it early in the morning when we got up and left. So, now we want one more than ever.
It was a good trip. We had fun talking all the way there and back, and managed to take in a huge flea market with John on Saturday. I bought my very own vacuum cleaner there. Cheap and it works. So I am delighted. Then, on our trip home, we took a different route and found an organic farm. We ended up buying all our produce there plus quinoa and several other beans and nuts in packages. I just made myself a quinoa salad with fresh leeks, pine nuts, and all kinds of seeds and whatnot. Even found a jar of black olives to spruce up the dish.  Tomorrow I will add the black beans after soaking them overnight and then cooking them in the morning.
So, life is better today than it was last week. And all the Ramadan celebraters were not on the highways today - making the trip much more relaxes than the past week has been.

No comments:

Post a Comment