WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Coriolis effect - todays drivel

OK, I keep forgetting to check but today I watched the water drain from the kitchen sink and noticed that it drains in a couter clockwise direction. If my memory serves me correctly, water drains in a clockwise direction in Canada. Someone tell me if I am right please.  I do not think a ticket back home right now would be a wise choice, just to check that out. But I recall being told when I was a child in school that water drains in opposite directions in the two hemispheres.  So now I am wondering what the heck happens at the equator.  It clearly drains in a counterclockwise direction in my house.  Let me know the answer to the north bit. Maybe I will have to take a jaunt down to Austrailia to see what goes on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment