WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Kota Tinggi Johor

Well that is my new address.  I was fist dispatched to Dungun Terrengannu, but pointed out to the chap that the location was about as far from my choice as was possible. Getting to KL was an 8 hour drive over nasty roads.  There are incredible beaches in that location, but also quite a distance from my actual living area. I would have been quite inland in order to service my cluster of schools. I guess the exciting part of that would have been taking pictures of the elephant crossing signs on the roads. And apparently, there are elephants crossing the roads there.  Probably should give them the right of way, right?
  Anyway, I negotiated a southern location, and will be living in a village in Johor.  It is by the southeast coast of Malaysia, very close to the boarder that takes me to Singapore.  The families living there are plantation farmers for rubber trees and palm oil  Not the owners, but the labourers, so I think I will be amid the real culture and lifestyle of Malaysia.  A fellow teacher that I will be working with intends to go fishing with the locals on his time off. I am hoping he does so I can score some good fish for dinner.  Now better look into finding a Cobb to cook the little lovlies.
Jenn has told me that the area is noted for fireflies. I guess I better get more accomplished with the great camera Ryan gave me and see how I can post them on this blog.  Got my new car, new laptop, printer, and the lovely dongle, so looks like I am ready to roll.  Only one more day in the luxury, and then a step closer to why I am here.  I really think they should have taken us camping instead of a luxury resort. That way, everything would be uphill.  Gonna be a test to adjust to reality after this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment