WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Very productive day today

I managed to go to all my schools today and even found the last one.  Yay.  I loved the parking spot they gave me for that school, and will post a picture of it today.  The teachers there for the English program are very nice, I have 4, two men and two women.  The women asked to have our pictures taken after the men left so she can post it on her facebook.  So I guess I will be on her  facebook now too.  Also learned that my rural of all rural schools is just before a fishing harbour so if I drive beyond the school just a bit (however that is the term for any distance here) I should be able to purchase fish directly from the fishermen. Once I figure out how to find a cooler to buy, I will definitely do that. But then I also need something to cook it on too. I bravely steered off my route and found another little village that has local fishermen, so will check that out as well, and it is kind of within the school area.  I did manage to take a couple of shots of the beach on the way, lovely white sand beach and waves crashing into the shore.  No crocs that I could see.  I have definitely upped the number of teachers involved in this project so I will still in the good books of the Ministry of Education.  I just keep telling them that there is no test or exam, and they will have fun working with me, I hope this is all true.  Oh, and  a head master at one of the schools took me to the cafeteria and gave me fried bananas. How scrumptious they were.  I could eat those again very easily. He also lives very near where I live so had said that I must come to their place for food.  I think he really wants some English lessons, which I will be happy to provide.  Some of the other teachers keep telling me to live in the village, as it is much safer. Said that my home is in a 'black' area, which means lots of break ins. But with all the crazy locks I have on the doors and bars on every window, I should be quite safe here.  Just told to not go out at night and come home alone. So I will heed that warning, besides everyone knows what an early to bed one I am.
Cant think of much else to say, I think I will have a shower and figure out what to eat other than watermelon and papayas. I have to now make maps for each of the places I go to school so others can find their way there too. Not really fair, I had to find them on my own, so everyone should too.
PS. crazy cows are very sneaky. Today they were wearing beige and had big horns too.

No comments:

Post a Comment