WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Friday, February 25, 2011

Remember when I talked about the incognito cows?

Well here is a news story I found in the 'hood that I am not so sure I want to experience myself. The school that I drive to that makes me deal with cows on the road is called Sedeli Ketcil.  I do recall seeing signs indicating orchards around there. The article that follows speaks of Sedili Besar, which is the town I drive through to get to the school.Cows I can handle, but these big guys are another thing altogether. Yikes
EVERY year, from October to December, the villagers of five kampungs in Sedili Besar, Kota Tinggi lose thousands of ringgit to marauding elephants. This is when the pachyderms usually make their annual jaunt to the orchards of Kampung Perpat, Kampung Teluk, Kampung Simpang, Kampung Kampung Kambau and Kampung Semayong to feed on the fruits. But this is expected to end soon once the government approves a special allocation to the Wildlife Department to fund the capture of wild elephants that stray...

No comments:

Post a Comment