WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Monday, April 9, 2012

Here Come the Judge!

If any of you are old enough to remember the show "Laugh In" then you will recall that Here Come the Judge' was synonymous with that show. This week I am an official judge for the various Carnivals being held in the school zones.  Not really sure where the heck I am going today, so wish me luck in finding the school.  Only directions are: when at Ulu Tiram - go straight and it will be on my left.  Eek!

I have been dealing with a defective water purifier I purchased on Sunday.  I guess I need to count my blessings. I have only been back there once thus far, and had Yeet and her brother over twice to see if it can be installed.  Those two went to bat for me and tried to repair the issue with a local plumber. I will go back again today, after the judging, to see if they can now give me the correct part to install the little wonder. You would think I was designing and installing a cruise missile.  The first defective part had no threads, so once installed, it would fall off the faucet. The second one was the wrong size for the hose that connected to the filter systems.  The third one had a tap that would not move from purifying to tap water.  I figure by some time in August I should be able to filter my tap water quite nicely.  It is only April, so another month beginning with the letter "A" seems reasonable to see it doing what it is supposed to do.

Another letter from the wireless internet providers advise me that I am still their focus and should be hearing soon as to how they plan to install the phone lines to we jungle residents.  I wonder if I should tell them to just connect us from the corner lot that is the closest internet customer.  No, maybe they need to figure this out for themselves.

Leaving for work yesterday morning I came upon a gathering of men all looking upon some 'event' on the roadway.  Not sure what exactly they were gazing at, I kept on my way.  A call from Jeff, who had dropped in for tea before we both began our work journeys clarified this for me. He was more inquisitive, and stopped and asked what was going on.  Seems there was some nasty snake that had been run over but still very much alive.  They were trying to figure out what to do with the varmint because apparently it was a very poisonous variety and no one wanted to get too close due to the fact it was still very much alive and ready to bite anyone who came too near.  Drat, the critter was right in my own 'hood.  Eek again.

In the midst of the chaos of water filtering, I was of course fed a fine meal of miso with broccoli and other bits.  It didn't stick around long enough for a photo but it was very tasty.

Now time to don the duds and be the judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment