WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Saturday Humour

I think this might amuse you.  I was just parking my car at the Tesco lot when I received a text message.  Finding my phone and reading the message, I replied to "where are you?" with  "I am at Tesco, who are you?" The message was just from a number, and not from my address book.  The writer responded with "I am Nurul - woodpecker furniture". Ah, yes, I remember her - she kindly gave me some discounts when I purchased my rattan furniture.  She then went on to say she wanted to leave me her weeding card.  I suggested that she just place it in my mail box.  I thought, hey, if she does weeding, I can get her to maintain my garden for me.  So, I quickly wrote back to her because I also was searching for curry leaf plants and pandan plants to add to the garden. There was no further messages, so I went on with my errands.

Halfway through my shopping I realized that she had spelled the word weeding just as she would say it, but actually she meant wedding.  Thinking back further I recalled a monsoon day when some woman stopped me in a parking lot and wanted to chat while she held up traffic. I had no idea who she was and suggested that she move on as people were honking at her to do just that.  That same woman tracked me down when I got to my own car and again held up traffic, jumped out of her own vehicle and opened my car door and asked for my phone number. She wanted it to make sure she could contact me to invite her to her wedding.  Good grief, if you wait long enough, all the pieces do actually fall into place. I did not know who she was, but now after today's weeding message I realize that she was delivering a wedding invitation.  She luckily, put the woodpecker furniture shop (which is now closed) as a reference for me today, so I could put the pieces together.

She probably wondered what the heck I was talking about when I asked her about where to buy plants today. Good thing I didn't ask her to begin weeding today.

When I got home there was no mail in my mail box. So guess I am off the hook for the weeding later this month too.  Maybe she put it in the wrong post box.


No comments:

Post a Comment