WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Rose Apple Tree

My neighbour two doors down has this lovely tree and has told me to pick what I want. As you can see it grows fruit so abundantly that all of us cannot keep up with it. The fruit starts like a clump of cherries and then each little cherry grows into a pear shaped little green thing. These grow a bit more in size but remain about the size of a very small pear.  Once they ripen, they are bright red. And the flavour is incredible. It does taste like roses in your mouth, and so juicy that you have to hold it away from your body when you are eating it.  I wonder if they would taste good in a coconut bun too?  Maybe rose apple sandwiches with laughing cow cheese?

No comments:

Post a Comment