WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Indonesia Earthquake today

A massive earthquake happened today. Sadly, I had to hear this from my friend in Regina Saskatchewan Canada.  Never much news here about much.  Now on the TV it is advising that the tsunami warning is very wide spread. India is under watch for this and they have evacuated many people in the path.  Please, if you pray at all, join me in praying for safety of my son who is in saturation diving in that ocean.  Pray for everyone in the path of this disaster.

I am safe. I will be in JB all day tomorrow, and fairly inland.  News advises that the west coast of Malaysia is on alert as well.  I live closer to the east coast.

Latest alerts now include Africa in the tsunami path.  Phuket and many other airports are closed, so getting in and out of here is not an option.  Still more aftershocks and these are greater than 8.8.  This brings back some bad memories of 2004, doesn't it?

Although nature is beautiful, it is also powerful and very much in control of outcomes.  Some of nature is not something we easily embrace.


No comments:

Post a Comment