WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Monday, April 23, 2012

WIND AND RAIN

My trip homeward was not without excitement.  I was approaching the last intersection before I turn off to my little community, and discovered a sudden pile up of vehicles. The rain was so heavy and the dark clouds so dense that we all had our lights on because it was more like midnight instead of 5 pm.  I slowed as I approached this new mystery stop. I knew there was not a flood there; I have driven that area so many times I know the flood zones.  But I did see something flying through the air in the dark sky, that looked unfamiliar. I was wondering if they were giant birds, as there are two huge trees on the side of the road that mark this spot. One of those trees appeared to be a bit sparse.  The tree had collapsed, and fallen into the road.  Egad.  Now what?  Like all good citizens of the area, I pulled to the left and let the BIG trucks attempt the road.  I figured if they could flatten the tree limbs I could get through.  Good call Frannie.  After I felt enough flattening had been executed, I joined the others and bumped my way through a mass of tree limbs and debris.  Sure hope it is cleaned up before I have to leave tomorrow. I noticed that the other side of the highway was almost as bad as my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment