WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Friday, March 4, 2011

Elephant tracks in school area

I almost forgot. There were elephant footprints in the area near my base school.  I will post a map of the route I drive daily, so if you look at the point on  the map where you can read "tinggi", that is where the big guy was walking. Also came across a heard of wild boars who seem to have taken over from the cows today.  That was on the road halfway from the highest point of my drive down to the end of the line along the coast. The guys at the school were very firm with me about the elephants. They were clear in the message that you sit with your car turned off, no lights, and no horn.  Sure, I am gonna just sit there waiting for some big elephant to decide what he wants to do. As for the boars, they were just trotting along the edge of the road, and lucky for me, it was not dark when I came upon them.

No comments:

Post a Comment