WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I am losing track of what day it is

I know that my blogs post a day later than I actually post them. That is because I maintain my google.ca as the webpage I use so that I can call my family and friends. But that also confuses me because I don't know what I have written or when.
My friend and I are plotting her trip here in a couple of weeks. We will go to the beach on the China Sea, and maybe even brave the roads to Johor Baru. She lives in the village up north, so she is very excited to  be coming to a city, such as it is.  So, maybe a big trip to the big city, or maybe even Singapore could do some good for both of us.I can spit across to Singapore from the place that I travel to each week, and will do so tomorrow.  I guess I need to look into the trip there for our March holiday.
Things are not evenly distributed in this country. She lives in a 4 block village and has 4 banks in the community. I live in a city of 55 thousand and have only one bank. And none of my villages have any banks at all. Which means I can only get to the bank on Fridays because they close before I return to the city, and are closed all weekend. Weird huh?
Another funny one. I took Jeff, my colleague out to dinner the other night. Because he arranged our car servicing in Kota Tinggi instead of driving to Johor Baru. Anyway, he met some person at the Pizza Hut to give them the receipt for the car servicing, and in turn, they handed him cash for the receipt. So, when I paid for the dinner I actually looked at my receipt. The meals cost about 22 ringitts, and I got a receipt for a ringed notebook of a value of 1.50 ringitts.  I guess I know now how the locals make money and avoid taxes. The food place does not sell notebooks, so God only knows what or how he created a receipt like that.
Oh, the big event is I am now a local.  I was in the econosave and someone came up to me and said she works at one of my schools. She introduced me to her mother and entire family. So I guess I am a resident now.
good night

1 comment:

  1. SOOOOOOOOOOO sweet the little ones sang
    "Twinke, Twinkle" for you. Sounds like you
    are settling in. I look forward to your
    blogs...super well written and FUNNY.
    Love and a bottle of gin,
    Annie

    ReplyDelete