WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

what do I miss now that I am in Malaysia? but I can vote

  • I miss internet when I need it. 
  • I miss barbecued rib eye steaks, sockeye salmon, and lamburgers THERE IS NO LAMB JENNIFER
  • I miss going out to a store to get something I need - the item is never 'there'
  • I miss roiboos tea (although I dole it out sparingly to myself and still have a little cache)
  • I miss tomato juice (weird huh?)
  • I misa swiss grotto dressing for water packed tuna on romaine leaves (Pam knows the stuff)
  • I miss salads (although occasionally there is iceberg lettuce)
  • I miss turning on a tap and drinking a large glass of water
  • I miss Dr Seuss books and having anyone here know what they are
  • I miss shopping for my new granddaughter yet to appear. The local store only has baby clothes in sizes beginning at 1 - 6 months (all in one) and they are pj's only. You can imagine how the poor little thing swims in such a garment as a newborn. 
  • I miss Cobb's apricot bread 
  • plastic ziplock bags, the kind with a toggle- or any kind at all and SARAN WRAP
  • I miss Jennifer, Levi and Ryan. even though Ryan is geographically closer, he is not here 
Oddly enough, I don't really miss Americanos. And I don't miss the pain in my knee or walking like a spaz. So there are many things that have improved in my life while I miss the other materialistic things above.
    I guess this list is telling me I need to venture out from the jungle neighbourhood. I am more fortunate than the people who have always lived here. They don't know there is another part of the world to experience. If I were more adventuresome, I could travel the 45 minutes to Johor Baru and find many of the things I listed above. NOT ALL THOUGH! But this list is not enough to send me packing either. I can eat dragon fruit every day, watermelon freshly picked, and well, I guess the list is shorter than the have nots.
    Today I can add to my list of things to avoid on my drive to work.  MONITOR LIZARDS. I saw two on my way to work this morning. Both dead on the side of the road. One about 5 1/2 feet long, the other about 2 feet long.  I prefer seeing them in that state.
    I just got an e-mail from back home. Seems I am eligible to vote in May.  Now, someone tell me who to vote for!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment