WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Sunday, March 27, 2011

TEXANS PAY TAXES IN TAXIS


THIS WILL BE MY TOPIC FOR THE TEACHERS AT THE WORKSHOP TOMORROW.
They are still having trouble with pronunciation making a distinction between short a sounds and short e sounds. For that matter, 'i' is also becoming an issue.

I created this sentence because it is something that I have discovered makes no sense when they say it.
What they say is ‘Texens pay texas in texeez
Whoever gets it right will win a durian – they love them, and they are in season! Should be a good motivator.

Don’t be too amused - remember my pronunciation of the villages I travel to.
I completely butchered the village of Pangerang.
I pronounced it pang garh ang
The correct pronunciation for the word is Poongh ah rungh

Also found The Cat in the Hat online, so copied a page of that story for the teachers to practice circling the short vowel sounds in the text. Should be fun, because they can then pass the exercise on to the children. I cannot find a copy of that book anywhere here. Maybe I need to ask for that book in my CARE PACKAGE???? I could then hold a lottery for the schools to see who gets to keep it when I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment