WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Saturday, March 5, 2011

My Sunday Rant

Just like Rick Mercer, I have my own rant.  There is a stop sign in Malaysia, which looks just like our own in Canada. The word on this sign is BERHENTI, which translates into ceased.  Well, there is no ceasing occurring at these intersections, so if you are ever driving in Malaysia, DO NOT STOP at these signs. For some reason everyone just carries on as if the sign was not there. It can make for nasty collisions, but I have never actually seen a collision where one of these signs are posted. They don't even treat it like a yield sign, which is something I have never seen here.  And, when I am driving into the downtown from where I live, there is an intersection that has a very clear right turn lane painted on the road, and a straight through lane. I always took the straight through lane, but was startled by all the cars that come straight through on the turn lane.  I have begun doing the same, as I need to be in that lane anyway, and what the heck, I might as be a real local.

No comments:

Post a Comment