WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Repairs to the household

It is amazing what can bring joy to a person when basics are  not provided. I had repairmen at my home all morning repairing issues that make living difficult. One of the bathrooms had a toilet that would not stop running, an outlet that did not work in the kitchen, and the light on the stairs that does not work. And the dreaded mosquitoes. My least concern was the TV. Now all is repaired, except the mosquito issue. He did leave me some bottle of magic stuff I plug into the wall and somehow the mosquitoes will leave. I am at the point that I will try this in conjunction with my citronella plants disbursed throughout the place. But the TV is awesome., The little guy climbed up onto my rooftop and installed an antenna. Then set channels for me. I probably have about a dozen channels, (mostly Chinese or Milay) but a couple of full English ones too.  Amazingly, right after he tested the channels, the skies opened up into a huge downpour. I would have hated to see him perched on the roof during that coupled with lightning. 
Anyway, life is feeling pretty good now that I have the basics, and don't have to navigate my way in the dark up the stairs at night.  I might even watch some news tonight so that I can talk intelligently about current events.
No new baby arrival in Canada yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment