WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Friday, March 4, 2011

went shopping today

I bought a vegetable peeler so I can peel my dragon fruit efficiently. And a knife so that my pocket knife can take a break from work.  Also a couple of plates and a glass storage container. Wow, isn't that exciting. I was on the prowl for a top sheet for my bed. Now I have discovered that top sheets do not exist in this country. I am not sure what people use here, so checked out some Muslim store that seemed to have an oleo of things. The clerk could not speak English, so I pointed at things and he tried to explain them. We managed to find one of these famous sheet sets but I then acted out laying down and trying to cover myself. Then he got the idea, and handed me a hideous thing that looked much like the cheesecloth that I make a stuffing bag for my turkey. It had some gawdy roses and leaves stenciled on it.  Then I saw something much prettier, it was white eyelet and I said I wanted that. He was quite shocked and said 'no, no, for prayer'.  I thought for a bit and believed I could buy it and just pretend I was gonna pray.  He took it out of the bag and it was some kind of robe that women wear when they pray, kind of like a kaftan with a tight neckline.  I realized that was not going to work, so bought the goofy looking rosey one and left.  The clerk, for some reason knew I was not from here, so asked 'what is your country?'  I said Canada, and he said he is from Cambodia, and he gave me a 'high five' sign to celebrate that we are both foreigners. 
HOWEVER, on my way home I stopped at the famous Econsave and there I found another creation of gauze but this one was more up my alley.  It has goldfish all over it, so goes very nicely with my jungle print bottom sheet. 
The guests at my home will be honoured with the lovely rose print top sheet and I am sure they will love it. If you are really nice to me, I might part with the goldfish. I almost did not find this goldfish sheet, and had conceded to buying a white lace tablecloth instead.  Glad I didn't as the lace felt a bit scratchy, and definitely would have looked odd on a bed.
Now I think I might actually read my book I brought over here. The house is clean, the laundry done, and any shopping that I will do this weekend is completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment