WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Highway Day

I set off for my workshop in Penawar which is about 100 km from my own base school.  I left in enough time, but during the drive I encountered an auto collision, which because the locals love to stop their cars and take a close look, caused another. I sat in traffic for over an hour, and then set off again.  Somehow, with this nasty cold I seem to have become nauseous and really felt like I was going to be ill.  There is no where to pull over on this highway, so being a trooper, used my dress to "toss" on and then found a service station to clean myself up before attending the workshop.  I wonder if I will get an award for showing up after that?
I hope tomorrow is a better day that today.  But after the whole day, I did stop in at the local Ecosave, which is a kind of grocery store. I bought a bbq, one of those mini round things on short tripod legs.  Got the briquettes as well, but there was no fire starter. Maybe a go at the hair spray or air freshener will light them this time. But I don't have either of those. The other thing I bought was a small piece of butter. Imported from New Zealand! Why butter? Because it is the first time I have seen butter here.  There is some product sold as animal fat mixed with vegetable fat, and it gives me the shivers wondering from what part of the animal the fat was extracted.Remember, there is no cream available here, so I am guessing that there is no real local butter available either. So now that there is butter in my lovely little fridge, I guess I will have to figure out what to do with it. Sorry for the boring post, but that is how my day was.  Maybe something more exciting tomorrow.
Once I find my leatherman, I will put the bbq together and show it off here.

No comments:

Post a Comment