WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Monday, March 7, 2011

Heading to Johor Baru tonight

We have a big meeting with the Minister of Education at some school down there tomorrow morning so we will travel tonight so that we dont encounter traffic jams etc in the morning.  I have had all sorts of directions from good intentioned people, but when we look at them all are different. So, we will trust that nasty GPS lady and our instincts when she screws up.
Also discovered that we cannot go to Singapore on the school break. We cannot leave the country during the processing of the work visa, so I guess we will have to take in the beaches and other local attractions.  Today was a write off, we had to wait in Kota Tinggi for our district project manager who never showed up. That meant I had to call all my schools and cancel appointments. Not an easy task because the people who answer the phones do not speak English. I have learned that when I call, I just announce this is Madam Frances, and they either try to tell me that I am not there, or eventually understand that it is actually me calling. Beyond that, I am not sure if my message is understood.
Now to pick out my frock for the big meeting tomorrow, and something to wear on the journey back home.
Oh, and I finally learned something about several street signs and other various sign posts. Many have the word Mohd on them. In fact many of the male teachers have that in front of their name. It is actually an abbreviation for Mohammad. I think it means Mr. in Malay because every man has that before his name on his name tag. I am not sure, as I could not get a definite answer from anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment