WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Heroes in Malaysia

In my mind, these guys are the heroes over here. They are armed with a whipper snipper and donned in the hottest garb you can imagine. Daily, they traipse around the country dressed like this, making sure that cobras and other nasties are not lurking in grasses and weeds where people may walk. Now, granted, these guys appear to be a bit pansy-like, because they are in a somewhat urban area. But I never did get around to snapping a photo of the guys out in my old school area. They were very brave. Out in the middle of nowhere, dressed as they were, with faces covered from exhaust from the gas powered weed whackers, and dust, they travelled the road sides for miles cutting down the weeds.  I am still unclear as to why there are no mowers over here. I have yet to see any kind of a mower. Only these little weed whackers.

I would not take this job for all the  tea in China. Or coconuts or durian in Malaysia. Hats off to them.

not exactly a great pictures, but you get the idea. right?

No comments:

Post a Comment