WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Saturday, October 22, 2011

SEDILI LUNCH ET AL

 oiled and ready for the oven
 in the oven and bubbling away
ready for the guacamole, hummus, and salsa
Not really sure why I am taking the time to do this. But I think I am totally impressed with the fact that I actually am making papadoms with this crazy toaster oven. I managed to turn some into a black inferno that when I opened the door to the oven, flames licked up toward the ceiling, which is about 15 feet high. Guess I timed that batch badly. But what the heck, I am having a production line of papadams rolling out the oven door nicely now. Also, while those bubble away, I am shelling pistachios for the Thai curry. You cannot prepare any of this stuff beforehand as the humidity turns everything into a soggy mess.
I dashed to the 7 11 for the coveted ice. On the way, some woman flagged me down. She recalled me coming to her shop in the past and has been trying to find me ever since. Her daughter seems to need some tutoring in essay writing in English and she wants me to help. I told her I will not be here over the vacation, so I guess we will meet before I leave and then try skype while I am away. Finally moved on and picked up the ice. Now back here with ice in two chests, one cooling the drinks and other awaiting my fruit kabobs which are the next creation I need to make.
I will let you know if I have survived this ordeal once done.
For now, here is my brilliant assembly line of papadoms

No comments:

Post a Comment