WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Phonics and Camping

Today I get to show off my talents for teaching phonics - at a ministry conference in JB.  The only trick is to remember how the heck I got there yesterday.  I will be taking a different route, so God only knows how this will turn out. I will be mentoring teachers in one of my schools in the morning and then taking the journey to the place in question. I am happy to do this - phonics seems to be the common need, and why not. Once one realizes that they transfer their own vowel sounds to a new langauage, then can learn to adopt the new language sounds and be understood.  This old goat is going to attempt to demonstrate that need, through my own laughable pronunciation of Malay words using English rules.  No one ever understood what I wanted or where I wanted to go until I figured that out.Curious George is going to help me demonstrate this today.
This weekend I will be joining my base school in a campout on the school grounds. One of those events that the schools must do during the school year. I have done one of these last weekend, so have already armed myself with balloons for water balloon tosses and relays, pingpong balls and spoons for races, and of course my armload of books - which are a constant attraction to all.
Last weekend I was asked to judge a cooking competition. No idea if this will be a requirement this weekend. But very glad I do not have to do the cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment