WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST

WILD LIFE IN MY NEW RAINFOREST
VIA ONE RAINFOREST TO ANOTHER - thought these guys were more appropriate. I see their cousins every day

Thursday, October 27, 2011

one more thing

 Now armed with the new Maybank card, I breezed into Jusco mall to get moolah to give to my boss who covered me for my hospital stay months ago. Seems he covered what I did not pay initially because I went there as an emergency. All my colleagues who visited me apparently had no money - for some reason, we were not paid on time that month and their accounts were drained when money was needed to release Frannie from the facility.  Anyway, boss was summoned and he arrived with cash.  Finally, I got paid some of that from our health care plan - I give up trying any further. I had a deposit to my account, which I asked the bank what the heck it was. I had not deposited to the account and did not know of anyone else who had. Did not want to assume this was my money, and also did not want some poor dupe to have thought they deposited to their account and put in my account in error. It only took 10 days to find out what the deposit was. Very quick customer service here! Discovered it was from ING, my health care provider. So, went to the Maybank ATM with my shiney new card. There at the Maybank counter was a couple of dudes with new inards for the machine. All other bank ATMs were fully functioning. Needless to say - no test of the new card yet.  I completed the transaction and they were still there fiddling with machine parts - I guess trying to figure out how to make the machine work. I could have told them to save their time, but what the heck, they need a job like everyone else.
Ah yes, for your amusement - I was at one of my schools yesterday. I was scratching like a fiend, and the teachers, who all know about my dengue episode, said 'no worry, we have no dengue mosquitoes here, only jungle mosquitoes.' I saw a little guy with nasty looking scars (much like my own) all over his legs and arms. They explained to me 'no it is not chicken pox, or small pox - sensitivity to the mosquito bites' 

You know of course, that jungle mosquitoes carry Malaria???? Guess it is time to pull out the g&t again.

No comments:

Post a Comment